Aiden is 12 years old and will be travelling with his family from small town Ontario to Grenada where his mom is volunteering with Cuso International. This blog will keep track of his thoughts before, during and after his time in Grenada.



Thursday 7 May 2015

Technical Drawing


Here in Grenada I am in high school (Form 1) and you can take many different classes, but because I am in Form 1 I don’t get to choose what classes I take.

Mr. Dominique and me
One day in late September I took a drawing I did of a house to school. Some kids in Form 3 (grade 9) told me I should take technical drawing (TD). I talked to the teacher, Mr. Dominque, and he said he teaches private classes on Saturdays and Wednesdays (and sometimes Mondays).

My teacher Mr. Dominique also teaches me social studies and geography.
I have been taking TD for 7 months after school and on weekends. I am now and at a Form 4 level (grade 10) and almost Form 5 level (Form Five is the last form).  Mr. Dominique tells me that I am the best student he has ever had at my age. He is really proud of what I have been able to do and so am I.
This week I got moved into Form two.
My drawings
When my mom first asked me about changing grades I was nervous about it. I was worried about what the kids in Form 1 would think.
But my dad just went to the school and made it happen. I had wanted to ask my teachers if they thought I could do the From 2 work, but I didn't get the chance to.
Now that I am in Form 2 I get to take Technical Drawing as a subject. That means an extra three periods of Technical Drawing each week!
I like the kids a lot more in Form 2 and they like me too. It has been going really well the last couple of days and I am happier to go to school.

 My mom works as a career counsellor and I am lucky because she really helps me to think about my career, even if it is a long time from now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment