Aiden is 12 years old and will be travelling with his family from small town Ontario to Grenada where his mom is volunteering with Cuso International. This blog will keep track of his thoughts before, during and after his time in Grenada.



Saturday 20 September 2014

10 Things that are different at school in Grenada

1. I have to wear a uniform. It feels like 100 degrees and I have to wear navy blue pants. When I get home I change my clothes into shorts and a T-shirt.

2. There is no glass in many of the windows.

3. There are no desks, but there are tables.

4. I'm learning three languages, English, Spanish and French! Hello, !Hola!, Bon jour.

5. I'm in high school.

6. Math is better because it is challenging.

7. There are lots of stray dogs in the school yard. Chickens sometimes walk into our class.

8. The classroom is old, the tiles are broken, and the roof leaks- but I am still learning a lot.

9. I have multiple teachers, a teacher for every subject. My favourite teachers are Senior Rene, Ms. Ashton and the math teacher.

10. I have to bring all books, textbooks and workbooks to and from school.

11. All schools are religious, there is a lot of praying!

12. We have assemblies everyday. We have a preacher who talks to us, we watch a video on the smart board and we pray a lot.

13. The teachers dress differently here. They never wear jeans just because it is Friday. The dress is very professional all the men wear ties and women wear dresses.

14. The school has a shop that sells lunch and snacks and during gym class.

15. The school yard is on a 90 degree angle, yet people still play soccer. My friend Levi would appreciate that!

I am having one of the best years I have ever had.  Everyone is really nice here.

No comments:

Post a Comment