Aiden is 12 years old and will be travelling with his family from small town Ontario to Grenada where his mom is volunteering with Cuso International. This blog will keep track of his thoughts before, during and after his time in Grenada.



Monday 30 June 2014

Blood brothers

Last week we got our blood tested.

My brother and I had very different experiences with the drawing of blood.

When we got to the doctor's clinic, Owen and I were very nervous. I decided to watch my mom and dad give their blood so I would know what was going to happen to me.  When they started they tied an elastic band around my upper arm.  Then they stick the needle in your upper arm where your elbow is but on the inner part of your arm. It takes about 15-20 seconds. It felt a bit like a mosquito bite.

Owen came in and had a really hard time. I felt really bad for him.

I did not have a very hard time and as long as you stay calm you'll be fine. I am also very curious about my blood type.

No comments:

Post a Comment